Hunter 25.5 yes or no?

Sep 3, 2012
Hunter 285 Grand Rivers Ky
Congratulations, I know you will love it.

I developed a technique for dealing with maintenance / upgrade costs. I get a good financial ledger. Record everything I do to the boat on the left hand margins, then, as I write the costs on the right side, I don't quite let the pencil touch the paper. That way, it's always positive!!!!!

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I totally agree with this.
In my quest to keep boating costs down I have become a very good Ebay'er.
In my restoration of the Stargazer, I have found that E-bay, Craigslist, local marine flea markets, marine consignment/resale stores(Sailorman, Boaters Resale, Etc), SBO Classifieds, yard sales, dumpster diving, and even Facebook groups, have all been useful resources to keep costs down.

After 2 years of our restoration I can say that you can do it FAST, GOOD and CHEAP, but you have to PICK TWO.

FAST & GOOD won't be CHEAP.
FAST & CHEAP won't be GOOD.
and finally my choice
GOOD & CHEAP won't be FAST.

So either take your time with research and bargain hunting, or fork over the boat bucks.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Thanks for setting me straight, pateco. I have no idea what I'm doing.
I think he is agreeing with you. i.e. "GOOD & CHEAP won't be FAST" translates to taking time to find good parts at a good price. To do it fast, you pay the bucks.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Thanks for setting me straight, pateco. I have no idea what I'm doing.
markwbird,
I was just expanding on your helpful post, with additional suggestions for Sean. If he wants her bristol next week, it can be done, but will be costly. If he is willing to take his time and invest some research and sweat equity, restoration/refit costs can be greatly minimized.

SeanTX

Jul 23, 2016
Hunter 25.5 Canyon Lake
I'll have to keep a eye on eBay! I need new escape hatch. One dog is broken. It has seen better days! Resealing ports this weekend. Just got the gaskets today.