Hunter 25.5 depth sounder and bilge pump

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 25.5 Atlantic Beach, Florida
Have been searching the forums for information on placing depth sounder transducer for 86 Hunter 25.5, and the best place to put a bilge pump and where to route the outflow. Any help would be appreciated. I can't believe no one installed a bilge pump yet.
Thank you,

Mark

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
My 25.5 has the bilge pump located in the forward section of the main cabin floor. It routes through into the v birth forward bilge area, curves up under the inner lining and comes out with a through hull under the sink, adjacent to the through hull for the bathroom sink.
The Thruhull Transdeucer in located on the right side of the forward bilge. If you have a Moor Transdeucer like I have, you can still get the unit needed, costing about $75.
IMG_0003.JPG

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
That bilge reminds me of that of the Hunter 27, which is not very deep. It looks like it has about 1/2" of standing water where the float switch is unable to activate. Allow me to suggest an electronic pump. Rule has a 500 GPH model controlled by a computer chip. It turns itself On every two minutes for a few seconds and if the impeller encounters water resistance it will continue pumping until it gets the water out. If no resistance it will turn itself Off for another two minutes. The advantage is that it gets more water out, the level will go down until the pump just encounters light resistance. Another advantage will be that it does not depend on a float switch which chances of getting fouled are much larger. Since once it turns Off it will not come On for another two minutes any water flow back from the discharge line will not induce continuous cycling. Even though it may seem to run very frequently the power consumption is quite low as it draws very little current and it only runs for under 2 minutes every hour. The downside is cost, the last time I checked they were selling for around $50.

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 25.5 Atlantic Beach, Florida
thanks for the information, Where is the power for the bilge pump coming from, looks like it is coming from the forward end of the boat.

Mark

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
The wires in the picture go up to a auto/manual override switch and then to one of the two batteries located under the seats.
The water in the bilge was due to a leak. Picture was taken to show someone an issue I was having. I also have installed an inline check valve along with repairing the leak situation. Dry as a bone for the moment.