Hunter 240 white flexible tubing/cabin

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I need some help here to include @caverun

The lady with the repaired centerboard has sent a photo of pieces that SBO and I are trying to figure out on the centerboard line running thru the cabin in the White flexible tubing. Specifically the connections at the top of ceiling and base of compression post. Can you identify broken part and can you take a photo of the two connections.

As for the centerboard repair, it was worthy of repair but after talking with those who know, I will be recommending to replace that centerboard before sailing again.

Please help me here

Attachments

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Hey Dave- as luck would have it I had a leak around the upper centerboard line thru-hull on my 240 this spring. I removed the mast plate and pulled the thru-hull out to re-bed it. I was curious as to the part used, and from the markings on the plastic found that it was a Perko plastic thru-hull. Mine had a barbed end for the hose that goes through the cabin- the ones shown on the Perko web site now have a little different hose end, but should still work. Hose attaches with a ss hose clamp. Here is the part link- I think mine was a 3/4" inch size with narrow flange, but better measure either the part or the hole to be sure. They make a wide flange version and from the picture that may be the one used on the lower thru-hull in the centerboard trunk. They come in white or black- my upper one is white to match deck.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
No photos, but should be on boat later this week, Wednesday or Thursday. Will sent you a PM.