Hunter 23 swing keel version, not the wing keel version

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Does anyone who owns one of the earlier versions of the Hunter 23 with swing keel version have any photos and/or diagrams of the swing keel as there is none under boat information. I am going to request some from Hunter if there are any. Thank you

dave condon

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Attached is the diagram for the first 10 hulls with a fixed keel and swing centerboard. With the above photos and and diagram, this pretty much answers this. I really appreciate the photos from Peptobysmol. Thank you sir.

Phil, can you add the diagram and the above photos to the boat information on the Hunter 23. This will end any controversy as to what was there.

Attachments

Aug 26, 2020
oday 192 Three Islands Mallets Bay
I am going to look at one of these for sale this weekend. As they only made 10 like this should I steer clear? how does this perform compared to the winged keel they settled on?
thanks in advance for any guidance

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
If you do not know much about saiboats, take someone who knows or get a surveyor to check it out. I would look at the swing style system to include bolt and line.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
I have a winged keel 23 and as far as I'm concerned it performs fine. I've never sailed or seen the swing keel model. Personally, I'd avoid having to maintain and worry about repairs to the swing keel mechanism, especially since it seems so few were made.