Hunter 23.5 Centerboard -follow-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2013
Hunter 23.5 Lafayette, LA
I do not think it would float as then it would not stay down when sailing. You have to pull on the the rope to bring it up.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I have determined that the 23.5 centerboard and 240 centerboard are two different animals. I have one fellow who is trying to get a buddy to send his board in based on a recent offer of paying half of the shipping from the continental U>S> to Foss Foam in Florida. They will make a mold and in return send out a new centerboard at no charge for the centerboard and freight. You cannot get any better than that Adana if you are willing to take this offer up. I do have a possible person but nothing concrete as yet.

crazy dave

Adana

Feb 8, 2009
Hunter 23.5 Pensacola
I'd made that offer last summer when my board was off when I painted the bottom of my boat. I offered to transport it myself from Pensacola to central Florida as I could not imagine trusting any postal service with something that was irreplaceable. I asked Foss foam to pay for the 2+ extra weeks my boat would spend on the hard in addition to the offer they made to give me a new CB. They could not and I was not in a financial position then to do that. Additionally, they were going to sand off my brand new coat of bottom paint and I would have had to repaint it once it got back to me. :( I wish I could have helped last year. If the group does not come up with someone able to share their CB for this purpose this summer, I feel fairly confident that I will be able to do it next spring as it will be about time for me to repaint anyway. I'll keep my eyes on this thread.

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Cape Cod, Ma.
Terriffic Offer

I'd made that offer last summer when my board was off when I painted the bottom of my boat. I offered to transport it myself from Pensacola to central Florida as I could not imagine trusting any postal service with something that was irreplaceable. I asked Foss foam to pay for the 2+ extra weeks my boat would spend on the hard in addition to the offer they made to give me a new CB. They could not and I was not in a financial position then to do that. Additionally, they were going to sand off my brand new coat of bottom paint and I would have had to repaint it once it got back to me. :( I wish I could have helped last year. If the group does not come up with someone able to share their CB for this purpose this summer, I feel fairly confident that I will be able to do it next spring as it will be about time for me to repaint anyway. I'll keep my eyes on this thread.
That would be really great if you could do that. Earlier this month my board was lost over a five mile stretch in deep water while motoring to my mooring. The pivot pin put a hole in the centerboard trunk and the pin dislodged into the hole and the board fell off. PLEASE keep me in mind if you are able to help . You can contact me at jburns@aol.com Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.