Hunter 23.5 anchor locker size

Aug 1, 2021
Hunter 23.5 Lake Rathbun
Hi - does anyone know the dimensions of this. I would like to get new anchor for next time and boat is not local. Thanks!

Also if anyone has had success using a bow roller on this boat let me know.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
If anyone has a 23.5 Hunter, would you measure the anchor locker and post the dimensions how big the anchor well is. Thanks

There is alternative by going to boat info to the Hunter 23.5 is which has a list of owners.

Aug 1, 2021
Hunter 23.5 Lake Rathbun
I'm thinking of getting a Fortress. Pricey but might save my back since aluminum.

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
I'm thinking of getting a Fortress. Pricey but might save my back since aluminum.
If you get anything but a Danforth anchor you may not be able to close the locker lid. I have a Danforth and 120' of rode. It all fit nicely in the locker. The anchor locker doesn't have a lot of height.

Googling "Fortress anchor", looks like we may be talking about the same thing.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I'd have to get to the boat to measure.

I have a fortress and it fits in the locker it does not however fit in the two impressions on either side of the locker for the round cross piece.

I love my fortress, make sure you put a good length of chain on it though as they are very light and do not reset themselves well.

I have never had a problem with it becoming unset anchoring in mud or sand.

Aug 1, 2021
Hunter 23.5 Lake Rathbun
I'd have to get to the boat to measure.

I have a fortress and it fits in the locker it does not however fit in the two impressions on either side of the locker for the round cross piece.

I love my fortress, make sure you put a good length of chain on it though as they are very light and do not reset themselves well.

I have never had a problem with it becoming unset anchoring in mud or sand.
What size did you get? I will be anchoring in mud.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
What size did you get? I will be anchoring in mud.
I don't remember it was the equivalent for what I had.

7 sticks in my head but I would not bet the mortgage for the cow on that.