Hull Stripes

Mar 16, 2018
Catalina 310 202 Carlyle, IL
Aloha, Does anyone know where I can replacement tape for the blue stripes along the hull ?

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Catalina Direct sells them. I am thinking of removing mine next haul-out because I cannot keep them in good shape and it might look better without them.
bob

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
I’m going to replace ours at next haul out. Any one who’s done this job and got any advice, both for removal of the old tape and installation of the new?

BillyK

Jan 24, 2010
Catalina 310 Ocean City, NJ
i used a very sharp, very flat, and new chisel to lift the corner of the tape and a heat gun used on low heat to soften it to come off.. i also used a tremendous amount of patience. go slow, don't burn the hull and don't dig into the gelcoat with the chisel. i found the chisel to be better than a razor since i had more control over it and was able to hold it flat to the hull to prevent digging in.. any glue residue came off with acetone.

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
When I bought the boat and removed the port lettering from the PO, I sharpened a wooden paint stirrer. With heat, it worked

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
.....Does anyone know where I can replacement tape for the blue stripes along the hull?
BoatUS. They can provide any length and width, has blue strips to match your boat and they can provide samples. I sourced vinyl stripping from them.

Nov 16, 2012
Catalina 310, 2000, #31 31 Santa Cruz
BoatUS. They can provide any length and width, has blue strips to match your boat and they can provide samples. I sourced vinyl stripping from them.

Ours has two stripes-Boat US sells that as two separate rolls. The CD version comes with both on the same roll, hopefully easier to apply.

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
When I've look at Catalina Direct, they sell in 50' rolls for the 310, which means we need two rolls. Anyone install the stripe pair? What is best way to guide/keep the line straight? Is it best to create a masking tape reference off of the old stripe first? What is best practice?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
.................Anyone install the stripe pair? What is best way to guide/keep the line straight? Is it best to create a masking tape reference off of the old stripe first? What is best practice?
Yes......create a masking tape reference. Easiest to do that when the boat is out of the water with a roller ladder. Below are instructions from BoatUS. Catalina Direct might also have instructions. Also take a look at the youtube video below.

1588945391808.png

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
Use either tape or pencil to mark where you want the stripe. Mix up a bucket of water and 1/4 cup of liquid laundry detergent (e.g. Tide). Roll out some of stripe and dip it into the bucket (to get the "sticky" side wet). Apply that section to the hull - you'll notice that you can easily adjust the position of the stripe while it's wet and slippery - when it's where you want, move on to the next section. Once it dries, the tape will be adhered to the hull. Takes all the stress out of it.

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
I just removed mine. I used a hair dryer and any yellowie type stain I removed with oven cleaner. Did a really great job.