How will I find you?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I still have the one & only ORIGINAL sbo burgee, and still fly it.

jssailem meant to say you have to be at the Vancouver Boat Show BY BOAT!!!:)

Unless he says different...:)

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I have my burgee and will likely go to the boat-show. Maybe by B.C. Ferries and stay with my kids in Surrey. Feb. is the time I'd like to get Sun Gypsy out of the water for spring bottom paint. So many things to do and so little time.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Won’t make the vancouver show. But planning on the SEA show. You guys can buy me a b’day beer....

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
@Stu Jackson , there no way that the Alberta boys will be digging the boats out of @Sailavie1 ’s yard. That’s a tough enough job in May. :) but we’ll forgo the burgee and go hang with John and Les anyway. You just never know what kind of fun and frivolity can get stirred up.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
rgranger, I just showed my wife the picture you posted of the new SBO burgee and she said, "All right, I get it. Send me the link again. You can tell him, 'Thank a lot'."
I read the rest of the thread to her and she has remained pointedly silent about the BC boat show. I think going North of our own 44 degrees is counter to what she has been planning with our kids. 17 and a half degrees is more her plan. (It just occurred to me how ironic it is that the higher the latitude degrees the lower the thermometer degrees).

-Will (Dragonfly)

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Granted Stu’s suggestion makes it more of a challenge and who does not like a challenge?

My thought, in my festive Christmas mood and under the influence of a bit of nog, was to foster a bit of Comradery.

So for the rules focused among us, PM me that your coming to the 2019 boat show on 9 Feb by any mode of transportation that you choose. (Extra credit if you teleport) Then show up at Vancouver Boat Show and join us at a too be discovered location (One of you Canadian participants will need to identify a good location as I have no knowledge of the area and my charts of Canadian watering holes is limited)

I’ll raid my piggy bank and break into the SBO warehouse and see if I can “Let’s Make a Deal” with @Dave Groshong for some of the dust gathering burgees, with my newly minted though meager Social Security check.

Man it sounded so simple in my Christmas Nog fogged mind.

So that’s the deal. I and a couple others “Les and Ward ( real men are not afraid of the cold - though I have caught a cold once.) will be boating to the event. Departing Everett WA in the AM on the 6th There is room for other adventurous souls motivated to sail/motor north of the 49th parallel, after all this is the Winter Cruise of 2019.

Another one of Les and John’s Excellent Adventures.

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
I have my brand new SBO burgee and will be proudly flying it when I get out this weekend. (even though I will probably be the only one out on the lake) But I will also be flying it in Florida this March when I have a boat chartered to spend several days exploring the Keys.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Gee. Meriachee... Did not know we have to compete against “the @Kermit”. Now that is some kind of pressure. I thought sailing 100NM in the middle of the winter would be worthy... Now that we have to get kicked out of a Canadian Lounge as well. Sounds like your placing the bar awfully high.
Come on Kermit... You need a trip You’ll have your new bionic shoulder by then ... You can use a plane You do not need to fly on your own wings, nor hop all the way... What you say?... There might even be an SBO Pennant in it for you.
Vancouver BC in February 2019...
The home of Real Men....
Well Canadian Men...
Real Canadian Men...??
@jssailem do you mean...
This?

.... this....

or this?

Aug 1, 2011
The first one is a recurring theme where the world juniors hand it to our southern neighbours on a yearly basis. :) and the following three appear to be draft dodgers or recent firings from a high level government job. :)
(And this is not a politically inspired posing)

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
The first one is a recurring theme where the world juniors hand it to our southern neighbours on a yearly basis. :) and the following three appear to be draft dodgers or recent firings from a high level government job. :)
(And this is not a politically inspired posing)
:laugh:

Maybe the second is a draft dodger... I doubt the last two are smart enough to dodge a fly.

Aug 1, 2011
I kinda thought the second one looks a little like Gordi Howe. There have to be people here old enough to know who that is.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Is one of those fellas the Kermie?