How wide is serpentine pulley for alternator.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
I am looking to get a serpentine kit for my C30 with an M25XP. It has the 3-bolt front flywheel so the crank pully can be bolted inot place. I currently have a double groove pulley mounted but cannot find a double pulling for the crank and water pump. I have at least 2" of clearance from the fan to the engine inclusure without modifying.
Will that be enough? What is the width of the alternator pulley.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Depends on the type of serpentine pulley. The Balmar serpentine kit uses a J10 pulley, some older models use other sizes. The J10 pulley is roughly 1.25 inches.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Great. Thanks for that. I have heard some info that there is not suffiecnt room for a serpentine kit that that was my tightest clearance.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
If you are going with the Balmar kit, give their Tech Support a call to confirm. My kit was for a Yanmar, it may vary by manufacturer. I've been dealing with Balmar Tech lately and they have been very helpful.

One note on the kit, Balmar takes their best guess at belt length and bolt length. If you need shorter bolts, just go to the HW store or fasteners store. If the belt is too long or short, call them, they will sell you the size you need and credit your CC when they receive the original belts. The belts are industrial belts and auto parts stores may not have them, NAPA didn't. I ordered spares from Motionindustries.com