How to replace microwave

RNC725

Sep 25, 2008
Hunter 326 Lake Thurmond, GA
Are microwaves on our 326 died today. What's the best way to remove it from the cabinet. I just can't figure it out. T I A.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
Remove the wooden panel that's bordering the microwave. Unscrew the wood piece at foot of microwave. Pull out microwave. If you do a search of forum here you'll find answers posted on this same query, with photos
Cheers!

Ken Y

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
I replaced our microwave yesterday on our Catalina 350, the factory installs would probably be similar. As stated, above remove the side panels and then look for screws driven in from the bottom into another piece of plywood. I would assume the same process would make sense to both manufactures, basically, the oven gets attached to another piece of plywood and then that's gets screwed down. From there reinstall the new oven the same way, mine was screwed down to the second piece of plywood with small "L" brackets. It took some looking to find another oven that would fit measure all 3 dimensions. I wanted to increase the size but found that on our install a "dorm room size" .9 cubic feet was the only option as all three dimensions are critical. Obviously the install needs to be rock solid so follow the factory install method. PM if you need photos. Also, I have about 3" of space on both sides of the oven that is "dead space" You may want to recover that extra storage by reengineering the side panels to allow access to each side by cutting to the proper width and then modify the height to allow access to the "new" storage area. Mine need to be trimmed by about 1/2" each on width.

Last edited:

RNC725

Sep 25, 2008
Hunter 326 Lake Thurmond, GA
Guys thanks so much for the advice. It work just like you stated. They were two clips one on each side, then it was a simple matter of unplugging it and taking two screws out of the little piece of plywood and bringing her out. I then drove to Lowe's and $59.95 later had a brand new one with the same dimensions.

Good times.

Jan 21, 2018
Hunter P42 Ft Lauderdale
You were lucky. My original microwave had no turntable. The only replacements I could find all had a turntable, making them at least an inch taller. It took some creative work with a hand-held dremel and yoga-like postures to make the hole bigger. But that is why we buy these boats. To make memories.