How to Remove Couch in 2005 41AC

Jan 26, 2016
Hunter 41 Huntington,
Looking for any help on how to remove couch in 2005 41AC in order to access hoses behind it. I am adding a waste vent filter.

Thanks

Bill M
SV Optimistic

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
I removed mine on a 2009 41DS. I am thinking the layout and actual couch is the same. A bonafide couch with its own arms on the end and all that. There are a few screws you can see around the bottom after pulling out the drawer there. I ended up putting in a full tabletop cabinet (am a live aboard so extra storage and surface space was well worth it).

Found this 41AC listing with a picture of the interior and couch - looks substantially similar.
If you have the lower drawer thing, slide that out and it can be tilted up and removed. From there maybe a half dozen screws or so.

The important thing being that it is all screws, so easy to remove and easy to put back in.

Last edited:

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
The next question is how do you get it out of the boat? Jesh it just does not seem like it would fit easily through the hatchway!

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
I was able to take mine out single handed. Oddly enough absolutely no recollection how. I might have needed to unscrew the back from the seat portion, not sure. Overall it definitely went a lot easier than I expected, which is the opposite of most things on boats :)

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
I was also able to track down this old thread, which encouraged me that couch removal would be easy.