How Old Test

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Heath kits....along with Allied and Laffeyette Electronics.
Also Olvatine, Hires Root Beer, pretzels sold in cardboard boxes, Hardy Boy books, and metal buckle snow boots.
Best of all, free range kids...bike all over town just be home by the 530 train whistle. Also kids were allowed to talk to adults so there were no strangers.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
delivering 120 news papers before school started to finance my childhood

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
My cousin had what we called a "Flexi-Flyer". It was made by the sled company, but instead of runners it had 4 wheels and a front handle to steer with. You ride it laying down. I have not seen one in 60 years.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
TV stations went off the air at night and ended the day with the national anthem and the flag flying.
The knife sharpener came to your house every once in a while to sharpen mom's knives.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Carter's Little Liver Pills
Hula Hoops... wait they are returning.
Phone Booths... Superman's change closet
Cuss words like... Heavens to Betsy, Geeee Whizzzz, I'll be darned
Mecurachrome ... Mom's blowing on the "Strawberry" to stop the burn.

See ya later, alligator!
Jim...

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Remember vacuum tubes and TV repairman who came to the house? The bright dot in the middle of the screen that hung around for 5 minutes after you turned the TV off?

- Will (Dragonfly)
ha!....used to walk to the corner drug store, use their "tube tester", plug in your suspect tube to the appropriate socket, push some buttons to test. Reach below in the inventory for a new one...

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
smoking "loges" in the movie theater, alliance tenna rotor on the roof to get better tv reception

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
the "pinsetter" (human) at the local bowling alley....(gramps sold bowling pins for a living, big thrill, got to go behind the scenes)...

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Best of all, free range kids...bike all over town just be home by the 530 train whistle.
An old book that today's parents should read and give to their children: Where DidYou Go, Out; What Did You Do, Nothing.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
An old book that today's parents should read and give to their children: Where DidYou Go, Out; What Did You Do, Nothing.
Ah, now we are getting into the nitty gritty. My parents grew-up on the McGruffy Reader. I grew-up on Fun with Dick and Jane. I have no idea what first graders are reading in school now a days, if anything.
I always told my wife that we were never going to allow our kids to read Misses Pigglewiggle and give away all our parenting secrets.

- Will (Dragonfly)

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Other tech that has gone by the wayside,
  1. Mimeograph
  2. Teletype
  3. Microfiche
  4. Pagers
  5. Slide Rule
  6. Sextant (Just kidding)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
ahhh, forgot #1 (damn purple ink), and #5

...think they paid 25 cents per "line"?
The purple ink was the ditto machine, the mimeograph was the black ink that smeared all over you when tried to run a mimeo.

Before the ditto machine, there was the hand pulled gel ditto.