How many people aboard a M26S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie

Two weekends from now I am having 7 of my college buddies and their significant others coming down to go out on my Macgregor 26S. In total there are going to be 8 of us so it's going to be a little cramped quarters. I just want to make sure there isn't anything severely dangerous with doing this like the boat is going to sink or anything like that. It should be a pretty fun weekend and with any luck there will be just that perfect amount of wind to make it fun. We are also meeting up with a few more friends that have a 22 Catalina and a couple of Jet Skiis, I think the Fish and Game Commission boats are going to be keeping a watchful eye on us. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having fun out on the water this summer.

M

Mark Alexander

Should not be a problem

Having more than 5 adults in the cock pit at one time can be cramping if you are sailing. Clear access to the controls can be a problem. We frequently have 4 adults and 4 kids on the boat. As long as you have PFD's for everyone you should be OK. But explain to everyone before they board,that if you ask them to move or do something, JUST do it and ask why later. Like duck when the boom is swinging. It also helps if everyone rotates to different areas of the boat.

J

Jerry

Go with the jib

When sailing with a group- I go without the jib for more deck room. Plenty of float devices, Just do-it orders (ask later), and "No-Booze" for the Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.