how many 33's

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steven f.

Just curious, how many 33's were made over the course of their career? Than I wonder how many are still in service?

K

Kevin Hostler

33's

I have been wondering the same thing. Anyway I have one, a 79 Kevin Hostler

E

Ed Schenck

At least 600?

Sam Lust's serial # in the Owner's Directory is 591 for his 1983. So at least that many, no?

S

Sam Lust

Last of the breed

I have not been able to locate any 33's with a hull number higher than my 1983. We've been told that during that time Hunter started hull number sequences at 100. That being the case it seems to be safe to say there were 491 Hunter 33's built.

J

Jim Logan

Numerous 33's in the South

A lot of 33's were sold in the South, and quite a few are still sailing. There are five others in my marina in New Orleans of about 400 slips (only half of which could hold a 33). Since there are about 2500 slips around Lake Ponchartrain, there is probably a large percentage of the total in the Northern Gulf coast area. I'll cruise the marinas and do a count one day - any excuse to use the boat! I understand from old timers that Hunter had a very agressive dealer in the New Orleans/Gulfport area in the late '70's early 80's, and a lot of larger boats were sold (lots of 37's also,although the prices tend to be relatively higher for them). Most of the ones I see are in fair shape, except for the "boat pox" in the gelcoat that most people tend to ignore since the boats are used for coastal and lake sailing and the solid hull is so thick, that actual delamination is not really a problem. Our boats tend to be used year round, except for July-August whichis so hot many people take the boats out and work on them at that time - so that they hold up in the sun and use is a testament to the value of Hunter, for its intended purpose.

M

Mark Mowery

This many 33's ...

Well, in a decade of sailing our 1980, we've seen 3 others on Lake Huron. Two in the US, and one in Canada.

J

Joe Gooch

Interesting Serial Number

What an interesting topic. My l980 Hunter has the serial number: HUN 33333. That must mean there are at least 333 Hunter 33s.

T

Tom Welka

add 1 more

You can add mine to your total. H33, vintage - 1981. Night Winds

H

Hutch

33 and still going

MOONDANCE is an 80 vintage 33 and still going strong.

D

Don Bodemann

First of the breed

From our 1977 33's serial #, our boat would seem to be the seventh 33 made!

Status
Not open for further replies.