How far?

Nov 18, 2016
Hunter 260 Lucky Peak, ID
+1. When we are launching or retrieving we try and go at off times and definitely avoid weekends after 10:30am. That being said, have seen numerous sailors tied up to launch area dock rigging their boats. We typically will rig fully in a parking lot w/sails ready and are prepared to motor off the trailer if the launch is busy.
upload_2017-11-8_10-13-28.png

Note battery charger on ladder and small electric winch attached to the jib sheet. Came with the boat and works slick.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Years ago, 1990's we sailed a C22 on Carlyle lake Il. The trip was about 60 miles from home to the lake. We sailed from 4/1 launch until we pulled the boat on the last weekend of October. Then we would trailer the boat to Key Largo Fl and stay on the boat for about 18days and pull it back to St Louis until late February of early March and pull it back down to Key Largo for another round of sailing. Then it was about 6 weeks until the launch for the season. Sailed between 850and 950 miles per year. We eventually got smart and bought a second boat for up North and stored the C22 on the hard in the Keys. Now we live in Florida with the boat in the back yard slip.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I was receiving sneers and dirty looks from speed-boaters, causing me to suffer a lapse in good judgement.
I went on a hobie camping trip to Marco island off season but the boat ramp in Naples was packed. My friend found the last spot to park his boat and get his mast up while waiting our turn. I had to circle until I thought i'd found a quiet corner to raise my mast real quick. Just finished with that when the whole boat and trailer jerked sideways. I had been less then 5 min. in getting my mast up when this guy got off his boat got in his truck and backed his empty trailer right into the side of my boat. He claimed he hadn't seen me there but that's pretty hard to figure since he would have walked past me to get to his car. He just thought I had no business being behind him and figured his trailer wouldn't take damage. Lucky for me, my Hobie 18 weighed so little and just bounced over with no damage to her hull where the trailer connected. With my best friend and his boat and our two wives waiting for the ramp so we could go camping on the beach, I didn't make a big deal out of it. But man, he sure seemed to think his bass boat shouldn't have to wait a minute for me to get out of his way.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 13, 2017
Hunter 23.5 Panama City, Florida
So sorry to read that. But, at least your boat wasn't damaged. What about your trailer? I must say that lessons learned while sailing are expensive.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Got of cheap and had a great time, except the mosquitos almost carried my dog away.
I now live in northern NH (60 mins from CA.). The bible is long gone and just bought a project mariner 19. She's beautiful. I am 10 minutes from a boat ramp on the local res., 45 min from lake Winnipesaukee, 1.5 hrs from lake Champlain and 3 hours from the coast. I'm also 15 min from Canon Mt. ski area, as well as being close to 4 other big ski mountains. So life is looking better. I haven't had my new boat in the water yet but I'm looking forward to racking up the hours.
I love having the trailer.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
Got of cheap and had a great time, except the mosquitos almost carried my dog away.
I now live in northern NH (60 mins from CA.). The bible is long gone and just bought a project mariner 19. She's beautiful. I am 10 minutes from a boat ramp on the local res., 45 min from lake Winnipesaukee, 1.5 hrs from lake Champlain and 3 hours from the coast. I'm also 15 min from Canon Mt. ski area, as well as being close to 4 other big ski mountains. So life is looking better. I haven't had my new boat in the water yet but I'm looking forward to racking up the hours.
I love having the trailer.
- Will (Dragonfly)
Mere minutes from great skiing and sailing, so jealous now!!!

Sam, praying for snow in Indiana

Nov 18, 2016
Hunter 260 Lucky Peak, ID
I now live in northern NH (60 mins from CA.). The bible is long gone and just bought a project mariner 19. She's beautiful.
- Will (Dragonfly)
Will,

Nice day boat! Keel or centerboard? 2+2 version?
Really like your neck of the woods. My brothers godmother lived off of Plantation Road by the Gale River. Canon is one of our favorite NE ski areas (along w/Wildcat, Gunstock & Sunnapee). Had a great time years ago exploring "local" trails that wound down to Mittersill when it was closed.
How is the Moore Res. sailing?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
it's funny how my editor changed hobie to bible.
The Gale is a great river. Kayaking, fishing, just plain looking at. I think sulking oohs even more expensive than skiing but it doesn't charge on a re-use basis. Mostly I hike.
How is the Moore Res. sailing?
Don't know yet, it looks good. The kayaking is great. Since the entire shoreline is owned by Trans Canada, there are no houses on it. Not allowed to stay over night but no one pays it any attention and I've never had a problem. I'll try to keep you posted.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Nice day boat! Keel or centerboard? 2+2 version?
Really like your neck of the woods.
Just to get back to you, h2o, Dragonfly is a 1973 O'Day mariner 2+2. I had no idea what those where when I bought her but, I am glad I bought her. Mariners have the roomies cockpits of any boat in their class and the mariner class association is the best.
I highly recommend them.
-Will (Dragonfly)