How do you trailer a capri 22?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Iam sure the forum will provide lots of good advise. The manual provides a good written description of trailering. View this on securing a Catalina 22 for trailering: (242) Securing the Catalina 22 Rig for Trailering - YouTube and this thread on loading boat on a trailer: Loading boat on trailer | Sailboat Owners Forums.

Based on my decades of trailing sail and power boats I will add: 1) make sure your tow vehicle is adequate for towing the trailer and boat and it has wide side view mirrors to view each side of the trailer, 2) do all the safety checks (lights, brakes, tongue/ball, etc., 3) make sure it is sitting securely on the hull supports and mast is secured, 4) have it securely strapped down midship and aft, 5) go slow and pull over after a short distance to recheck the straps, 6) take slow and wide turns, 7) if it is windy slow down, 8) have an experienced trailer sailor join you on your first trip.

1665942719416.png

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022
catalina capri Columbia River, PDX, Oregon
Thank you sail sfbay. I wish I could see that photo bigger. We did successfully get it out yesterday and in the winter storage location. It wasn't as hard as I though it would be, though that was from a good friend with the right vehicle. I will winterize & cover this week.

How did you clean up the cockpit of the mess of standing & running rigging? I wish I could see that photo from an aerial view :)

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
........How did you clean up the cockpit of the mess of standing & running rigging? I wish I could see that photo from an aerial view :)
Glad to hear the trailing went smooth.....that will take the mystery out of it.

Clean up cockpit rigging........I am sure the forum will have recommendations but I would suggest securing the standing rigging with bungee cords and coiling up the running rigging and stowinng in a sheet bag. For photos..........do an internet search on "Catalina Capri 22 trailer photos".

Last edited: