How Do I turn off my Catalina 310 cockpit lights?

Apr 9, 2016
Catalina 310 South Haven, MI
Hi all,
My 2002 Catalina 310 has 2 cockpit lights (LED I think) located near the floor on the stern side of the cockpit. They only go on when plugged into shore power. The problem is I don't know how to turn them off! They are nice but there is no switch for them and believe me I have looked!
Does anyone know if these are original equipment or an aftermarket item and do you know how to turn them off?
Thanks

Last edited:

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I like the idea of built-in outside lighting. Mine has nice, built-in, interior, night "courtesy lights," which are red. I'd like some outside, red, night lights, and some outside "entertaining" lights. Any ideas?

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
None on my 2003 or the other 2 310 in our marina. Some pics would be helpful, coming on with shore power seems they are 110v, maybe something for outside houses?

Apr 9, 2016
They don't sound like original equipment. At least, I don't have them on my 2003 C310. Are the wires visible in the aft lazerett? If so, maybe install your own switch.
I will have to look again. I may have to do that. Thanks!

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Ours is 2001 Hull #155 and does NOT have that though the red LED lights in the cockpit do sound interesting AS long as you can switch them on or off.
We converted all of our interior lights to red/white LED and it is a Great upgrade!

Apr 9, 2016
None on my 2003 or the other 2 310 in our marina. Some pics would be helpful, coming on with shore power seems they are 110v, maybe something for outside houses?
Here is a picture. I'm convinced it is aftermarket. I'll just have to install a switch I guess.
1593612802938.png

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Maybe they are wired to a panel switch that might be connected to something else on AC power, or to the AC boat plug itself via a terminal bus. I’d follow the wiring from the lights to find connections. You might have to install the switch.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2016
Maybe they are wired to a panel switch that might be connected to something else on AC power, or to the AC boat plug itself via a terminal bus. I’d follow the wiring from the lights to find connections. You might have to install the switch.
Thanks. Looks like it.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Seems like they would attract a lot of unwanted bugs. Spiders must love them!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Thinking about this some... I think red cockpit lights could be handy for on and off boarding after dark. A switch on a stanchion would even help . "It's crazy enough that it just might work!" .

Apr 9, 2016
Thinking about this some... I think red cockpit lights could be handy for on and off boarding after dark. A switch on a stanchion would even help . "It's crazy enough that it just might work!" .
I do like them. I only wish I could turn them off for when I want to star gaze.