How do I know when holding tank is full?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2010
Tayana Tayana 42 Annapolis, MD
The air above the liquid is generally warmer than the liquid. I even know a fellow that has temperature indicating tape on the the side of the tank. It works amazingly well, for a few-dollar solution.​
I have been trying to figure out what gauge to install/use myself. If you can use temperature indicating tape (which I couldn't seem to find online), can you use a laser temperature gauge as well? I have pretty easy access to my tanks so this wouldn't be a problem. Could you use the temperature gauge for steel gas tanks as well?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Oh for Pete's sake...

Would y'all do yourselves a favor and at least check out the Profile systems? They really ARE the best bang for the buck (I wouldn't recommend 'em if they weren't), and what's more the president of the company has jumped into this thread and can answer all your questions about it.

Just in case you're wondering, I have NO vested interest in 'em whatever. I've known Dennis for more than 10 years and know he's good people who make a good product and stands behind it 110%. And these days, that's HARD to find!

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
Having a gauge that gives you the level is safer and easier to deal with than an idiot light that just goes on when it gets close to full.

How close to full is it? The light can't tell you that.

Did it just come on with you or did the last person to use the head not notice it and pumped a bunch into the tank without realizing the danger?

Over filling the holding tank can lead to clogged vent lines...which can lead to some really unpleasant things....

I think my boat just has a light that comes on when it is close to full, which is probably just a couple of contacts that are bridged by the liquid in the tank. I have attached an online article from PS that reviews some FYI.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...&gl=us&sig=AHIEtbR6M-_s5zBHdbsMDYQRDQ2Z4M2aPg

Status
Not open for further replies.