How Do I Get to the Cat 30 Forum

Feb 15, 2014
Catalina 30 Bremerton, WA
It may seem like I got here, but I really don't
know how to pull up the Catalina 30 Forum.
I only got here by "new post" and it tells me
to pick a forum, but I don't know how to just
go to the Catalina 30 Forum.

Any help?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
There's a BIG tab up on the top labeled Forums. Hover your cursor over it and scroll down.

Feb 15, 2014
Stu:

Nope. That's the issue. When I hover, nothing happens
and if I click on it it only offers me two things: "Forums"
or "Store". Clicking on "Forums" takes me nowhere.
I haven't tried "Store"

The other button that says Forums also does
nothing when hovered over. When I click on that one,
it gives me a long list of stuff I haven't ever needed,
starting with "Hunter Forum" and the list stays on the
screen no matter what I do, covering lots of stuff. It
stays on the screen for half a minute or so then it
disappears.

Since the site changed, although it says I have made 67
posts, if I click on my profile, and try to pull up my posts,
it says there are none there.

Any other ideas?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
is this what you see?

I attached an image of what the forum menu should look like when you click it. If you see something else I need to know the operating system and browser you use.

None of the code under the display level changed, so all the functions should be the same as they were before. When I click on your profile then click Statistics I can view all of your posts, and I can also see them by selecting View more posts by ____ under your user name.

Attachments

Feb 15, 2014
I attached an image of what the forum menu should look like when you click it. If you see something else I need to know the operating system and browser you use.

None of the code under the display level changed, so all the functions should be the same as they were before. When I click on your profile then click Statistics I can view all of your posts, and I can also see them by selecting View more posts by ____ under your user name.
That is not what I see when I click on either of the 2 buttons that say forums.
If it was, how stupid would I be to not click on Catalina 30 forum?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Okay, does the rest of the screen look like the image I posted?

Do you know what browser and operating system you use, and are you using a phone, tablet, or computer?

Feb 15, 2014

On the other issue: From here, on this thread, I click on my user name in one of my posts and click on public profile, click on statistics, then click on find all posts by jongleur, and get "sorry there are no matches" even though it says I have 68 or 69 posts.

This has all occurred since the change of the site. I would bet there are more people out there who cannot get to the Catalina 30 forum just like I can't and they have just given up. Why was the protocol changed anyway?
Why can't anybody leave well enough alone?

Feb 15, 2014

Do you know what browser and operating system you use, and are you using a phone, tablet, or computer?
I am on a laptop using Chrome. That is all I know.

Feb 15, 2014

Since your picture is only part of the screen, I guess it's the same. I can't tell.

Feb 15, 2014

You might need to know that I'm on Windows 8.1 or something like that.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Ask your friendly North Korean hackers, and Apple, and Google, too. They're the people who keep inventing exploits and devices that we have to react to. Trust me, I would much rather be enjoying my summer than trying to fix browser incompatibilities.

Speaking of which, if you'd like to help get this fixed I need to know what browser and operating system you use, and are you using a phone, tablet, or computer?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The browser is helpful, I also need to know which browser you use (Internet Explorer, probably, but what version) and the type of device you're using.

Feb 15, 2014
Ask your friendly North Korean hackers, and Apple, and Google, too. They're the people who keep inventing exploits and devices that we have to react to. Trust me, I would much rather be enjoying my summer than trying to fix browser incompatibilities.

Speaking of which, if you'd like to help get this fixed I need to know what browser and operating system you use, and are you using a phone, tablet, or computer?
I think the forum is great. I refer to computers as "random frustration generators"

Feb 15, 2014