How do I change that damm light bulb,...anyone ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian F. Nydish

How do I change the light bulb on my mast without having to drop it ???

M

Mack

How many . . . does it take?

If you have a water ballast model, it is a simple matter to step down the mast, change the bulb and restep. Stepping gear would be necessary.

G

Gary

DAMM LIGHTBULB!

To change the damm light either go up the damm mast in a bosun chair with a damm belay line or lower the damm mast

M

Mike Hagerman

Another Damm Thought

Have you thought of finding a damm bridge (not on a dam) of appropriate height and leaning over the damm side to change the bulb? Not the most damm common way to do it, but a damm site easier than lowering or climbing?

J

jkleid

safer than a bridge

consider a damm canal lock, two crew members, one on the boat the other on the lock. when da water goes down so too the boat, It should be easier and safer than a damm bridge.

D

Douglas Young

Is the bulb bad How to find out.

The first thing you want to do is determine if the bulb is realy burnt out or if the problem is elsewhere. Assuming you have a connector at the base of the mast disconect it and look for corrosion in the connector. Do a voltage check to see if you have power to the deck side of the connector. If so then good if not then the problem is in the boat not the mast. Next you want to do a continuity check to see if you can read through the wire going to the light, through it and back via the ground wire. If you have continuity the bulb is good. If you dont you either have a bad bulb or a corroded bulb socket and will need to either drop the mast or go up it.

Status
Not open for further replies.