How can I keep it hard longer?

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
How can I keep it hard longer?

Yes, this is a question for the ages. Please let me know if you figure it out.
Eat only whole plant-based foods, and ditch animal foods and processed foods. SERIOUSLY! This is scientifically proven. It‘s documented in the scientific literature and shown in the “The Game Changers” documentary video (on Netflix). Also check out “Forks Over Knives” video for more info, or nutritionfacts.org
It will also improve your overall immune system, cardiovascular health, can reverse Type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease, improve liver and kidney function, and greatly reduce your chances of getting many types of cancer (e.g colon, prostate and breast cancer).

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Something like these?

Big help ... thanks!

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Just a thought- perhaps in hot weather the air expands and pressure rises. The increased pressure causes some air to leak past the cap gaskets. Then as the temperature cools, the boat becomes soft.

When was the last time you replaced/cleaned the o-rings or gaskets at the cap?
Good one Rich. I didn't know there were such o-rings or gaskets. I will check that out.
Thanks

Oct 1, 2007
Thanks everyone for your helpful ideas. I knew if I posted the title, I would get response :).
So now I understand the design of these valves on my AB. From here I can troubleshoot, if there is trouble, the valves.
Thanks
Rick

Jul 6, 2017
Hunter H 41DS Hampton, VA
I'm guessing that nobody actually ever puts a gauge on the inflation. I've been wondering about it. How are you supposed to know how inflated it should be? My brand new Zodiac labels the chambers from 3.5 psi to 11 psi for the air floor. How are you supposed to know without over inflating?
My West Marine foot pump has a gauge built into it. Its a clear gauge with a red spring loaded indicator to let you know when your done.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
Hi all:
I have a 10 ft AB inflatable about 12 years old. It has been trouble free but has always seemed to be temperature sensitive. Whenever the temperature drops, the tubes soften. Of course the density of the air inside will decrease with lower temperature, which will tend to soften the tubes, and vice versa. However, the dinghy next to mine on the dinghy float is a brand new AB, same model as mine. I noticed that his dinghy seems to be less temperature sensitive than mine such that his stays hard and mine softens.
So, the question is am I doing something wrong here? Maybe I don't pump it up enough initially? How hard should it be? Or is there something else? How do you maintain your inflatable?
I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks
Rick
Actually the density increases with lower temperature. The pressure decreases. Not much to do about it except to pump it to a higher pressure to begin with.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Some good advice I read about valve maintenance on the NRS site, is to spray the valve interiors with 303 Protectant, which will serve to both lubricate the valve parts and flush dirt, etc., away. Spray and then inflate through that valve.

Oct 1, 2007
Actually the density increases with lower temperature. The pressure decreases. Not much to do about it except to pump it to a higher pressure to begin with.
Of course. Good catch!

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
From what I know, the valves of my WM Zodiac RU3 is designed to leak a little so that one could measure the pressure of the tube by attaching a gauge. To completely seal the valve from leak, just screw in the valve cap (has an O-ring).

Ken Y