How about an Electronics forum?

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
My initial reaction was to agree, however, depending on how people read content here, posts in sub-forums can become invisible unless the reader searches holistically.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Not sure I understand that, aren't all the posts in sub-forums? I watch "Whats New" so I guess I pick up everything.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I watch "Whats New" so I guess I pick up everything.
I do, too. Which I suggest everyone should do regularly anyway. I participate in many online forums and the ones that have multiple sub forums are the hardest ones to navigate. If they have a "What's New" then it's not so bad. Why have to look through so many different places to find anything? A quality search engine should do a good job of "finding stuff." :)

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
I do, too. Which I suggest everyone should do regularly anyway. I participate in many online forums and the ones that have multiple sub forums are the hardest ones to navigate. If they have a "What's New" then it's not so bad. Why have to look through so many different places to find anything? A quality search engine should do a good job of "finding stuff." :)
I like both "What's New" and subforums. There are times I enjoy going to a suforum to see what's happening there, the sequence of posts, etc.