Hourmeter for Yanmar 2YM15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 27_75-84 Wilmington, NC
Can anyone help me to install a new hour meter for a 2YM15 Yanmar ('84 h27)? The original is an LED and is integral to the Tack/Control panel. The wiring diagram in the owners manual is not much help and Yanmar wants $1500 for a new Control Panel. I bought a new meter for > $10 online but not sure where to tap a hot line that is only on when the engine is running. Thanks, Tony

May 21, 2009
Hunter 30 Smithfield, VA
Do you have a multimeter and can you get to the back of the ignition switch? That would be the spot

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 27_75-84 Wilmington, NC
Do you have a multimeter and can you get to the back of the ignition switch? That would be the spot
Yes, have multimeter, but access to back of control panel is not ideal although possible. I recently sealed the control panel with a butyl caulk to stop water leak causing LED hour meter to malfunction. Oh well will do what I need to do. Thanks.

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
You only need the hot wire from behind the ignition key switch. The negative wire can be connected to negative bus at your electrical panel. I suppose thats where you intend to put the hour meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.