Hotter than the sun

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Was down at Canyon Lake yacht club for the weekend series. Two races that will decide the summer championship. Did Tactics and bow on the FarEast 28. Two bullets today and we sewed it up. Summer champions!

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
Jackdaw,

Hotter than the sun....are you referencing your racing or the temperature? We have had a hot week on Texas, but hey it’s August in Texas. I would be very concerned if it’s not hot! Get you some BBQ while your here, which is of course brisket and don’t forget the Tex-Mex food either.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I was a member of LCYC for nine years and I am surprised by how much wind you had in August. I hope you were able to hang out in the water on a noodle with a beer afterwards.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
August at Canyon Lake where the shade is just called Light Sun. It's 6:35PM and 98° inside my barndominium and the weather app says 101° I think I need to go metric. It's only 38°C!

Nov 8, 2010
Congratulations! I guess it is easier to call the overlaps for the tactician if you are on the bow!
Dan
Exactly.
Except in actual maneuvers, bow on an asymmetric boat is a pretty chill job. Lots of time to keep track of Other boats, and the huge shifts.

Nov 8, 2010
Jackdaw,

Hotter than the sun....are you referencing your racing or the temperature? We have had a hot week on Texas, but hey it’s August in Texas. I would be very concerned if it’s not hot! Get you some BBQ while your here, which is of course brisket and don’t forget the Tex-Mex food either.
Both! We pushed the boat hard, even when it was clear we were going to win. Half the crew is a on j105 for the harvest moon, so we wanted to work hard together.

My guilty food pleasure down here is hole-in-the-wall breakfast tacos.

Nov 8, 2010
I was a member of LCYC for nine years and I am surprised by how much wind you had in August. I hope you were able to hang out in the water on a noodle with a beer afterwards.
Yes the breeze was solid. Lulls to 6 but mostly a solid 10- 16. Would have hated life if the race had been a drifter. As it was I drank a 1/2 gallon of water on the boat, plus two gatoraids.

Nov 8, 2010
August at Canyon Lake where the shade is just called Light Sun. It's 6:35PM and 98° inside my barndominium and the weather app says 101° I think I need to go metric. It's only 38°C!
I woke at 7am race day, and it was 80 degrees before the sun came over the hill.