Hot Water System Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2005
- - Sydney Australia Bavaria 32
Water Heater Problems The Hot water system on my Bavaria 32 consists of a cylinder located under the aft bunk. There are various hoses coming and going from it. Two of these hoses are black and come from the engine to supply heated water for the system which operates on a heat exchanger principle. These hoses enter / exit the cylinder by way of bronze screw on fittings with barb type tails. One of these fittings has cracked and is leaking engine coolant. I am unable to locate a replacement brass fitting here in Sydney. I can’t even find out the name of the manufacturer of the tank. Has anyone got any suggestions? Please don’t tell me to go to the Bavaria Dealer because they don’t want to know you unless you are buying a new boat. Thank you in anticipation and Happy New Year Peter Tierney Sydney Australia

Jun 7, 2004
Schock 35 Seattle
I had the

same problem with the Waeco Mobitherm on my boat till I stumbled on the site below. Go to the site, then open "water heaters", then open "independent tests", choose your language and you will see pictures of most of the round heaters. Perhaps you will luck out as I did and find yours. http://www.isotherm.com/

D

disgruntled owner

Water Heater

I have a new Bavaria However the old one was a waeco heater if i remember correctly. I do understand your misgivings regarding the distributor however perserverance hs always worked for me and they eventually give you the info you seek. The new Maintenace Manager Rory is outstanding

J

John Aubin

Water Heater problem

Dear Pete: If you cannot find out the manufacturer I suggest the following. Remove the brass fitting and take it to a machine shop. Any competent machinist can measure the thread size and determine if it is a pipe thread or standard thread. If you're handy with tools you can do this yourself. You may find that you can go to a local hardware store and replace the part easily. I did a similar operation on our fuel tank. John Aubin

Status
Not open for further replies.