Hot & Cold Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack Ohlanger

I just purchased a 1991 Beneteau Oceanis 370. (You will be seeing alot of me in the forums in the coming weeks) There is only on knob that turns on the water in the head sink and the same in the shower. Is this strickly a mixing valve and the water volume is unchangeable? The galley sink has hot & cold. Could use help. Don't want to "un-winterize" the system to satisfy my curiosity. Thanks. Jack Ohlanger Buttercup B-36

L

Larry Watkins

hot and cold water

Jack; On my '94 Beneteau OC400, the single water control works both hot and cold with variable volume. Twist it to the left and raise it all the way gets maximum hot water, twisting to the right gets maximum cold water, lowering the handle gets hot/cold, depending on degree of twist, and less volume, like single lever shower controls. I wish the transom shower had a similar control, but instead used two separate knobs and is difficult to control. Larry.

J

Jack

Thanks Larry

Larry, thanks for your response. I just bought the boat and have no water in the system yet, so I don't know how the valve was gonna work. I didn't realize that it lifts up as well as twists. Next time I'm down at the yard, I'll check it out. Thanks again! Jack

J

Jeff Taylor

Single lever faucet---replacement

By now, I sure you found out that the faucet is a single lever one. Make sure you check the supply to your faucets. In my beneteau, the french factory used metal fitting that rusted. You'll find them where the OEM plastic is run and ends. they use a 1/2" or 16mm fitting. I used a 1/2"brass nipple and then replaced my dead faucet with a better looking one from Scandavick. Just becareful of rust in the metal plumbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.