Hope everyone had a great weekend

Feb 28, 2022
Catalina 22 12482 Champaign-Urbana, IL
Got a ton of projects done this weekend, but the one that seems to have made the most impact was getting all the cushions installed. It feels like a proper boat now, and the feeling is completely different!

We managed to get out and put up the jib for the first time and the jib downhaul is wonderful to have! I loved how easily that came down.

I'm also trying something out and have had pretty good success with it: backing the boat into the slip.

One of the biggest pain points for going out to the boat has been climbing over the deck and bimini to get into the cockpit and cabin. But I spent a good amount of time just looking at the boat and experimenting and came up with a solution that I'm really happy with. We had really high winds this weekend gusting into the 20's and it held up without any issues.

So now when I go to the boat, I uncleat the port aft, go uncleat the starboard aft, then come back to the port aft and snug up the line and we can step right in.

IMG_3033.jpegIMG_3035.jpegIMG_3034.jpeg

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Well done! I reverse in all the time. I have a pair of spring lines on the port side of the boat. If the wind's blowing me out of the slip, the aft spring line is grabbed first. If the wind's blowing me into the slip, I grab the forward spring. In either case, as the wind pushes/pulls the boat, the port side moves closer to the finger pier/dolphin. Shut the engine down and get the other lines on in slow time.

Feb 28, 2022
Catalina 22 12482 Champaign-Urbana, IL
I'm the only boat on my dock that does it. It does look a little wonky since it is at an angle. I might adjust it when I go back out and get it to straighten out. I imagine it would handle the winds a little better if it was straighter. But I love being able to just step right in!