Hood System Furler extrusion connector

mylo8

May 17, 2020
Catalina 270 Carter Lake, Co
Hi,

I have a Catalina 270 with what I believe is a Hood Series 800 Furler. While putting things together for the season I ran into a problem; I seem to be "missing" the connectors from the upper furler shaft to the furler extrusions.

I'm unfortunately pretty new to all of this so I don't even know exactly what parts should have been there or proper names, but I'm trying to figure out:
1. Can I call Hood and get replacement parts (trying that Monday morning, but folks at the docks have indicated that this is doubtful).
2. Are there systems available that would allow me to replace the furler but use my existing extrusion and head stay?
3. Anybody ever have a similar issue and came up with their own solution?

Jeff

Sep 29, 2008
Hunter 33.5 Carlyle Lake in Central Illinois
i just rebuilt my system. Call Pompanette to help with Hood parts. They often ship next day.
The parts that join the extrusion sections together are actually the plastic bearings that
keep the extrusion centered on the forestay. Just make certain that it is the correct model
number (800) when you call. If you’re uncertain measure the diameter of the extrusion and
provide that information. Good luck.
Pompanette, LLC - Marine Hatches, Windows, Doors - Made in USA

mylo8

May 17, 2020
i just rebuilt my system. Call Pompanette to help with Hood parts. They often ship next day.
The parts that join the extrusion sections together are actually the plastic bearings that
keep the extrusion centered on the forestay. Just make certain that it is the correct model
number (800) when you call. If you’re uncertain measure the diameter of the extrusion and
provide that information. Good luck.
Pompanette, LLC - Marine Hatches, Windows, Doors - Made in USA
Thanks I'll call them in the morning!

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
When I called they requested the outside diameter and shape of the extrusion to determine the model I have

mylo8

May 17, 2020
Thanks all, their Florida office is apparently somewhat limited in operations due to the virus situation. Since I've got a couple of bends in the extrusion (sticking points) and the actual drum is in need of some work as well I may just go with a new furler.