Hole in the cabin floor beside step? Does anyone know what it for?

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
Someday, somewhere, somebody will have to open it.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
First I am assuming a hunter 260? Are you talking about the partial seen opening access plate? Can you retake a photograph of the entire access plate and can you take a picture what is below the plate?

I saw for awhile an opening access plate was installed by Hunter either on the 26 or 260 next to step down in one of these two boats which Luhrs had Hunter stop at my request.
The other was not put in by Hunter. I can tell by the cut in the floor up forward on the starboard side under the table as they never put an inspection port there
@ingramsail can you respond?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I wss advised pictures would be taken as the inspection port was not installed by Hunter in that location when it is warmer

Aug 12, 2018
Hunter 26 Carter Lake, Colorado
My 1998 H26 has the exact same thing, so I think it was probably factory-installed. I’ve never removed it to see what’s there, yet.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Did not have glasses on. Now I barely see it. Hunter did install and quit when I talked to Warren Luhrs about it. You will see the top of the ballst tank only. You can also feel that area with your hand from the inspection port on the rear berth floor and visually see where the water ballast tank lid ends too. Pleas do not attempt doing anything under that plate and no hole cutting either

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Are you talking about that access port at the back of the picture? Those things are designed to twist out for easy access, why don't you just open it up to take a look? You're not going to damage anything.... that's its purpose.