Holding Tank Pumpout

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M Gullett

Just purchased a '80 30'. Trying to figure out if you can pump out the waste holding tank(well offshore of course) or if we have to go to the marina everytime. Found a Y valve underneath the galley, but not sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

Only one way to find out:

Explore the system. The boat is 22 years old, so the odds that any original setup is still in place are virtually nil. It may have been changed several times by various owners by now. If there's y-valve or tee fitting in the tank pumpout line, and a hose coming off one side that goes to a manual or electric pump and then to a thru-hull, you have the capability to dump the tank. If it's not there, you don't. And while you're exploring, find ALL your seacocks, breakers etc and whatever they're connected to. An emergency isn't the time to START looking for them.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
"Y" valve under galley?

This does not sound like the place that the "Y" valve would be on the H'30. The head is midship on the port side and the galley is on the starboard side towards the aft. You need to find the holding tank and the pump for the holding tank (manual or electric). There should also be a thru hull for the pump. Then you need to figure out which way the "Y" valve should be positioned to pump overboard.

E

Eric C Lindstrom

Our Y valve

I replaced ours this season (78 H30). It's (of course) no where NEAR the galley. Ours is located in the portside lock in the V berth. We can switch between 14.5 gallon holding tank OR overboard (but since the lake we sail on is only 3 miles wide at it's widest ... we can never pump overboard). Where would the septic holding tank be located that the Y valve could even come close to the galley? Our marina has a 24 hour pumpout that works spledidly on a $5 token.

G

y Valve/Galley

Steve, the head and galley are to starboard on this boat? Thanks for everyone's thoughts. We've only had the boat a week, but we'll be exploring every nook and cranny this week.

J

Joe Corbett

pump out

MArk, re: your pump out question, my y valve is starboard, under the galley bench, mine has a manual pump,

Status
Not open for further replies.