HL 40.5 playing with the big boys at Blakely Rocks Benefit Race

Dec 31, 2011
Hunter 40.5 Seattle
First time with a partial crew out for a classic in Seattle last weekend... Quite a few mistakes to catch on the video ;-) Better next time but fun regardless.

Enjoy Friday at the office and happy sailing this weekend!

frederick
SV Pardon My French
Seattle

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
My 40.5 is torn up for upgrades right now. This make me jealous!

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Just got my 40.5 back from Hurricane Matthew repairs. Have never raced it but this inspires me to give it a whirl! What is your PHRF? They are looking at 110 sec here. Some of the J-boats are 80 so it must be a pretty quick boat. For those of you with 40.5's how do you fare in racing?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Just got my 40.5 back from Hurricane Matthew repairs. Have never raced it but this inspires me to give it a whirl! What is your PHRF? They are looking at 110 sec here. Some of the J-boats are 80 so it must be a pretty quick boat. For those of you with 40.5's how do you fare in racing?
We have not done many buoy races. I have done distance races. Newport Beach CA to Ensenada Mexico: one first, four seconds and two thirds in the ten years I did it. First and second in Marina del Rey to San Diego. One third (or second; can't remember) in Newport Beach to San Diego. Surprisingly, I did better in lighter air; never would have expected that. There are, of course, adjusted for handicap. I rate exactly the same as a Catalina 42. It's a competitive class; non-spin however.