History of O'DAY22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zsolt Regenyi

Hi I am a new oday22 owner. I have no idea at all about the boat. The previous owner had no manual etc. He did't even knew where this boat was built. He guessed England. Some things - railing for instance is not original, I want to have it reconstruct.Assist me please with pictures of the original railings etc. Other question: where to put the anchorline while on sailing,? no forcastle Do you take back or just lash it to the rail? Thanks in advance Zsolt Regenyi tizso@matavnet.hu

M

Mike

O'Day History Lesson

How did an O'Day 22 get across the Atlantic!? Zsolt, that is what we in America call "chutzpah". For a great history lesson in all things O'Day, check out the Unofficial O'Day Website at "home.att.net/~oday/".

Z

Zsolt Regenyi

Answer to Mike

Hi MIke! I bought in Switzerland and probably she was built in England regards Zsolt

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

I remember hearing about some English built boats

I remember hearing about some English built boats in the context of the daysailer, though I don't remember who the builder was. Its not impossilbe that O'day had a builder of the small cruisers there too. It would make sense as the Brits tend to smaller boats than we do in North America. As for info, check out the site in the other post for some good info, and check the archives for the addresses for Rudy Nickerson, he's the guru of O'day parts, and he'd know about the English builder question. Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Status
Not open for further replies.