Hin issues with Balboa

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
Balboa 26 26 ft. Altamira
HI, Does anyone have a Balboa and can tell me the first 3 digits of the HIN...I cannot tell what I have and since it is imbedded into the transom I am at a loss here...
Any help is appreciated...

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
All I need is the Manufacturers Identification Code...I can make out the rest...
Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance...

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
Hi and thanks...I did all of that and there is nothing under Lyle Hess, Coastal Recreation, or Laguna Yachts...The next page they sent me to expired and there are no more places to research....Heck, it took me a long time to find the numbers that I have.... Can anyone tell me what is on their boat? I don't want the numbers...I am not a chop shop here, I just want to fix this and make a tracing to register it...
Thanks a lot

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Now I can fix this, do a tracing, and register her! I really appreciate the help...

Jan 19, 2010
Fair winds....

BTW: Where do you sail in Atlanta?

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
Atlanta??? Right now I am in Mexico! I want to bring my boat down here and with this issue about the HIN it would be impossible to get across the border...
If ya ever get down to Tampico, gimme a holler.
Thanks for the help.

Jan 19, 2010
Ahhh

I need better glasses... I read Altamira as Atlanta

I did not get a chance to splash my Balboa this summer. But I still have September and October...had to relocate and that took up most of my spare time... but I did get to spend a week sailing my Hobie 16 off of the coast of Florida. That was an amazing week.... and damn, my Hobie is fast. I did not opt for the roller furling head sail and instead I have a fully battened jib and main. The difference is speed is dramatic. I ran down another Hobie 16 that was actually set up for racing with dagger boards etc. The skipper looked at me with a pissed off look on his face while I passed him by ... :)

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
Sounds like fun...I wanna get my Balboa down here so I can do some sailing...I have an Irwin 30 I am refurbishing but the waters are too shallow to go out sailing...the Balboa will be prefect here.
Thanks again for the help...I will have her registered this week and as soon as I get the reg. in the mail I will go get her.
Peace and good luck amigo...