Hi boaters, 1975 pearson 39 owners manual

May 2, 2023
Pearson 39 Mayo
Hi everyone super excited bought a 39 pearson! Gonna liveaboard full time in Baltimore. Does anyone happen to have an owners manual??

Thank you in advance and fair winds

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
You might do a Google search for the manual online. Some kind soul may have uploaded it to a Pearson owners group site or similar.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
In 1975 owners manuals weren't what they are today. My 1979 Ranger had a couple of mimeographed pages of the lines drawings, some rigging details, some engine instructions and some sales literature, but not much more.
One of the joys of buying a 48 year boat is that the builders never expected the boat would last that long. Now what?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to SBO Forum.
Boat owners manuals from 1975 were not much more than and expanded sales brochure that told how to start the boat and put fluids in the auxiliary engine. At least that is what I found for my 1974 CAL35C.

Try looking doe a 1993 Ford F150 manual on the FORD WEBSITE. https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

I had greater success looking for the manual of the auxiliary engine. I focused on specific systems not a "Whole Boat" one book fits all needs.
Design drawings of plumbing/electrical/installed systems... HA!.

With 20 years of Med sailing, you probably know all the basics. Your new to you boat has likely been modified by several previous owners. You would just be batting your head against a wall :banghead: trying to match the manual to what appears missing on your boat.

My best advice would be to take time in your boat to find out what is there and understand why it might be that way. I have been doing that for a couple of years. Some of the things I thought needed to be changed, turned out to be good ideas even if they were 40plus years old. Once I understood the old stuff, I only focused on projects that are compatible and improve the boats functions, leaving alone those that just work.

Good luck and fair winds.