HF antennas on B&R Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dominique

Has anyone installed an HF or SSB antenna on a B&R rig (no backstay and roachy main)? Thanks DS

J

John Richard

SSB Antenna

I have a 410 in its third week of commissioning. My SSB antenna is being installed along the upper port side shroud. There are two resistors that are placed in a position that will insure that the installation is set up properly. These two devices are on order from some place in Australia. The antenna wiring is routed to my port side Nav Station just to the left of the desk surface. The ICOM 710 will be inset in the area just below the switch panel. I wish I could tell you more, but suffice it to say that the commissioning/service manager seems to know what he is talking about, having done the same installation many times in the past.

E

Ed Schenck

See the Outbacker site.

Probably who John's marina is working through. Better yet call them, I think they have what you are looking for at: http://www.outbacker.com.au/products.htm

B

Bruce

I use a separate wire

For my SSB/HF antenna, I just pull a long wire up on my spinnaker halyard. I use nylon cord to keep the antenna away from the mast on top, an insulator from a rear stanchion to guide the wire into the rear lazarette where the electronic tuner is. When I have passengers I lower the antenna and coil it into the lazarette. My signal reports are at least as good as on a proper sized dipole. Most important thing is to insure that you have enough grounding below the sole to give you a proper counterpoise. This way just seemed a lot easier, more practical and less expensive than the usual backstay (or shroud) antenna set-up. Bruce bchase3@aol.com

G

George Kornreich

Seperate fixed cable

We dropped a seperate cable from one of the spare eyeball fittings on the upper spreader, to a padeye on the toerail, just aft of the shroud, and incorporated insulators, etc. Works perfectly. Email me if you need further details. George Kornreich gkornreich@houston.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.