Hey! New member here, got a few questions

Mar 16, 2014
Hey everyone, I used to sail Capri 22's at a lake in Alabama as a kid and now ten years later I am picking up one for myself in Chicago next week to bring back to Maine. I was wondering if anyone had any info on stepping the mast. Has anyone used a code 0 on the Capri and does anyone have one for sale? Also is there anyone with a Capri in or around Portland Maine that would want to meet up this summer for some match racing. I am picking up the typical wing/standard rig. Thanks for the input all.

Kyle

Mar 11, 2014
I have added a code zero on my Capri with a Facnor Furler Fx 900 and a Selden Bow sprint. This furls from the bottom. It actually works quite well and the boat honks on a reach. To fly a Asym you do need the top down. Unfortunately Facnor doesn't offer the conversion kit for the FX 900, only the next model larger has the conversion kit offered, and while Profurl does offer a kit that will fit the FX it's a bit pricey, 1100 (for just the Swivel and torsion line). Since that's nearly 2x what I paid for the FX 900 I'm working on building one my self from a Top swivel of a Snap furl .

I posted pictures under the Spin discussion in banter

May 3, 2008
Catalina Capri 22 Half Moon Bay
This might help with the mast stepping ideas...
I use an A frame system that allows for easy single handed stepping.
This was a test step with a new A frame, so the genoa is not attached...
I've been promising to get the entire process on video.
...maybe next weekend!!

It's best to right click on the link and "open link in new tab"

Capri 22

...hope this helps!

May 3, 2008
Catalina Capri 22 Half Moon Bay
...oh... and while you're there at Vimeo...
Check out a short, slow-motion hang gliding video from last Thursday
Some Vernal Equinox soaring near San Francisco...

Soaring

...enjoy!!
Yes, the hang gliding industry owes everything to modern sailcloth!!