Here come the Feds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2010
Macgregor 1993 26S Houston
Anyone ever sit and watch a busy boat ramp on a hot summer day? Most people get in and out quickly and sensibly. Then comes the morons. Men are not all equal. Unfortunately the damage caused by the minority who can't make logical decisions, affects us all. The government has to protect them from themselves, but there's no way to enforce restrictions on the morons without including everyone, so we have to put up with "protection" that we don't need because others do.
Little by little we are legislating away our freedoms. Personally I think it's driven largely by greedy lawyers and insurance companies. Seems like every time you turn around we have a new law, because someone got offended, hurt, or sued.
In nature the smarter ones survive, and the gene pool benefits. Maybe our legislation is working against us?

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
* Aboard all non-motorized vessels, regardless of length, at all times;

The exemption is for powerboats over 16 feet. Sailboats aren't considered powerboats in most cases, even if they have an auxiliary.
All right. I wonder, how much nearby Millerton Lake's boating population will increase this Summer? I'm not sure of the amenities of either lake.

Interesting that they'd make that exemption for larger powerboats only.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
From the Pine Flat Lake Marina's website:
Please do not let this study end your use of this lake. We encourage you to voice your opinion of this study. You may talk to the Park Rangers, they have promised to document every contact involving life jacket wear. You may contact your federal representative.
USACE Pine Flat Office:
Life Jacket Press Release Contact: Chris Gray
916-557-5101
chris.gray-garcia@usace.army.mil

Status
Not open for further replies.