Help with wiring to binnacle in 1993 h33.5

Mar 15, 2017
Hunter 33.5 Lake Dillon, CO
I am considering installing navpods for wind/depth/speed and a Raymarine Axiom 7 at the helm of my 1993 33.5, is it difficult getting the wiring to to the helm or binnacle? I only have a compass mounted on Edson right now. How difficult is it? Any tips are appreciated.

Jan 27, 2020
Hunter 335 Kemah, TX
I have a 1990 335. I just did this exact project. You have to replace the rail guard with one that mounts to the cockpit sole and run the NEMA2k wires through it.
428F73A7-2ABB-4248-A8D7-8470117C3174.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2017
Hunter 33.5 Lake Dillon, CO
Yes but my question is how did you run the wires from the bottom of the pedestal to inside the boat to get power, speed sensor, wind vain wire etc...

Jan 27, 2020
Hunter 335 Kemah, TX
I cut these squares from the ceiling under the rail guard feet. I ran the wires down and inside of the rail guard tube and in between the liner and the sole into the lazarette where I have the NEMA2K bus and autopilot control.
72D7CEC0-5B53-4A28-9695-4834001D56B9.jpeg

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
Unlike Kamah sailor above, I was lucky in my 1994 33.5 in the aft cabin there is an overhead access which opens up right where the port leg of the binnacle stand lands and is also a very short and easy run to the port compartment where the batteries are. You can drill a hole in the binnacle stand and run your chart plotter wires down the binnacle stand and back to where you need it from there

Mar 4, 2018
Hunter 33.5 Southport
The wires to my Navpod run from the bottom of the pedestal to the starboard goose wing compartment along the same path as the steering cables. The wires go into the lower section of the compartment and from there through the bulkhead of the aft cabin under the berth. Wind follows the same path as the VHF cable from the mast step to the distribution panel. There is a chase from just above the panel that runs to the port Goose wing compartment. From there it goes to the starboard compartment and then up to the pedestal. When you take out the panels from the upper section of the compartments you will get a better idea.
The port compartment has the fuel tank underneath and the starboard is empty. Getting the pedestal off was a bear for me. I had to use a # 5 phillips head socket bit attached to a impact driver to remove the screws. You also need to loosen the steering cables to get enough play to get the pedestal down. My pedestal had holes that were apparently cast for wires to exit through. The wires are covered by a black flexible conduit from the pedestal to the back of the Navpod.