Help with lancer25 top o’ mast blocks configuration

Dec 13, 2018
Lancer 25 Mendocino cty
Probably more common these days that some of us sailors get our boats from other sailors who have taken their boats apart. I have a 25 foot Lancer with all of the mast block parts in a box. I’m not sure how to configure the top of the mast blocks. Could I tempted someone to take a picture of this and post it? Anxious to get my boat on the water and this is a clear stumbling block. Thanks in advance. Greg

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Welcome aboard!

I don't have a 25, I have the 27PS. But the top of the mast should have at a minimum 2 internal sheaves. Or, if your rig is fractional, then one sheave at the top and one sheave about 1/3 the way down. Anything else is just extra. I could possibly see a block at the top of the mast for your spinnaker, if you have one. Or maybe on at the rear of the top of the mast for the topping lift.

No doubt you step your mast when you go sailing. So don't let a box of blocks deter you from getting out on the water. Again, the key is the two sheaves for the mail sail and the head sail.

Dec 13, 2018
Lancer 25 Mendocino cty
Thanks Brian
So there is a slot on each side of the top of the mask. I do not recall anything partially up the mast. I assume it one sheaf on each side. It did not come with a spinnaker as I think these folks sailed in upper bay out of Lodi. I appreciate your response and I will go examine and see if I can do this. I am pretty handy. The previous owner had torn his boat apart planning to redo a lot of details. It looks straight forward and I have friends who want to sail and are willing to help so we will get it out next spring.

Feb 17, 2006
You might want to check YachtWorld. See if there are any Lancer 25 boats for sale in your area. You might be able to use binos to see the top of the mast. But yeah, two sheaves for two halyards.

Good luck.

Feb 17, 2006
@wing15601, I was thinking the same thing. If he complains that his halyards are really long... LOL

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson-O'Day 290 Portland Maine
Greg,
Still need help? My Lancer 25 is almost packed for winter, mast down, so I can get what you need if you still need it.
PM me.

Don