Help with Coronado 23-2 parts

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
Hello, I hoping someone can help me locate some stock parts for a 1974 Coronado 23-2. Specifically I'm looking for some stock 6 inch turnbuckle. I
need two. The body is just shy of 6". They are threaded 1/4-28 one end right hand, the other left hand thread same size. My shroud and stays are in good shape , but I'm needing the correct length turnbuckle. I have looked all over the web and it would appear that no one is making this length for quarter 28 threads. Any help would be appreciated!
For Wonder Monkey
Mark Ayers

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Hello, I hoping someone can help me locate some stock parts for a 1974 Coronado 23-2. Specifically I'm looking for some stock 6 inch turnbuckle. I
need two. The body is just shy of 6". They are threaded 1/4-28 one end right hand, the other left hand thread same size. My shroud and stays are in good shape , but I'm needing the correct length turnbuckle. I have looked all over the web and it would appear that no one is making this length for quarter 28 threads. Any help would be appreciated!
For Wonder Monkey
Mark Ayers
I used to have 1974 MKII. I really liked that boat-simply rigged and easy to sail.

Measure from eye to eye with how it's set up now you should be able to get one that will work. @Dave Groshong here at SBO may be able to help you out.

If Dave can't help you, call Rig Rite ( their website is not the greatest, but it does have their phone number) or Dwyer mast company and ask for the working dimensions of their turnbuckles. Both companies will probably ask you to email or fax(!?!) a picture of yours with the dimensions and they should be able to hook you up.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
Yea, sorry that does not look like the correct turnbuckle or material, the forged silicon bronze may be supperior for resistance to galling, but this looks like the new standard body length of 4.5" which will not work for me unless I have all new shrouds made and since they are in great shape, I'd rather not spend the money there. The dimensions of the original are in the attached pdf. it's either 304 or 316 stainless and a very beefy unit for 1/4-28 threads. body is .375 to .44" thick with body length 5-7/8 to 6" and .75" wide. All the rest of the hardware on the boat appears to be stamped C&S but no markings on the turnbuckles. I have a local machine shop getting me a quote to have these made as we message.
I'll keep you guys updated....
Thanks Mark

Attachments

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Try calling. There maybe other options that you don't see on the site or know about besides having a machine shop make one-that is going to be pricey.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
yes, the body looks the correct length (maybe a little long but not bad) but it is the 1/4-28 thread pitch that is missing.
I just have 1/8" 1x19 wires with 1/4-28 threads... So, the 1/2-20 will not work for me.. It's just funny, I know that they made 400+ of my hull and I doubt that the turnbuckles were only on my boat, so somewhere there is a big pile of these things laying around... Any way, as soon as I get my quote I will let you guys know which way I'm going to have to go. :)