Help with a spinnaker

Sep 8, 2011
Hunter 31 217 Island Heights
I have not interacted with the Forum in a number of years and apologize if the question has been asked and answered multiple times (I searched to no avail), but I'm determined to install an asymmetrical spinnaker this season on my 2008 Hunter 31. All I have now is the messenger line which is starting to show wear, the dimensions of the halyard (3/8 x 82') and sheets (3/8 x 60') and presumably the correct sheave (not confirmed) at the top of the mast. Just wondering if anyone can give me any general advice and, more specifically, the sizing/type of the spinnaker sheet blocks (and how they attach to the arch), and suggestions as to the actual dimensions of the spinnaker itself. Thanks.

Sep 8, 2011
Hunter 31 217 Island Heights
Sorry if you already found these threads, but in case you didn't:

Spinnaker on marlow hunter 31 | Sailboat Owners Forums
Asymmetric spinnaker for Hunter 31 (2007) | Sailboat Owners Forums
Asymmetrical Spinnaker Sheets | Sailboat Owners Forums

I tried to filter out the Hunter 31 threads on the older model of your boat. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much! Now if I could just update my Profile from the Hunter 26 that used to own when I joined the Forum to the Hunter 31 that I now own, I'd be golden!

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
Now if I could just update my Profile from the Hunter 26 that used to own when I joined the Forum to the Hunter 31 that I now own, I'd be golden!
Click on your name in the upper right and select account details - you can change your information there. :beer:

• Helpful

fupls

Jun 9, 2008
hunter 31 Hebe Haven
Thanks tfox2079 to find out my post in 2007. Having considered all available options, I eventually installed a Facnor bowsprit which perfectly fitted to my Hunter 31(2007). However, I needed to do some modification to the counter plate which is a bit oversized to be fitted under deck at the bow.