Help, what am I? Oday, Charger something else?

Jan 8, 2016
Unsure Unsure Kingston
Hello all,
I have been silently lurking, appreciating all the insight and comments on this site. A great resource. I officially joined today to seek help. Im completely new to the sailboat and trailer sailing world, excuse what may be a stupid question/s.

After much consideration and reading up on aspects of buying a used sailboat I went to see the boat attached. The owner originally had it listed as a 1982 SUPER CHARGER 22 then re-listed it as an 1982 ODAY 22. It clearly has "Charger Sail" written on the aft. What I believe is the hull ID reads: RDA04049M82B..

Checking "RDA" on the USCG sites comes back as CHARGER/ALL FAMILY CRAFT INC but the company deals mostly in outboards.

After scouring the internet for hours I cant figure out what the boat is.
1. Is Charger a sailboat company? There is limited to no information online. Have only seen a Charger 19 listed.
2. Any ideas where I can find information on this boat?
3. The mainsail has "23" on it.
4. The guy selling the boat is not the owner. It was left in his storage facility, hes selling to recoup storage fees, he doesnt seem to know much about it.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction! Once the Hudson River unfreezes I hope to be out on the water!
Best!
R

Attachments

Jan 8, 2016
Unsure Unsure Kingston
Thank you for the fast reply Justsomeguy and Twalker!
I should have been googling 23 vs 22!

Very helpful info. Really appreciate it!

Happy sailing

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
That is a nice looking boat... and the trailer looks like more than you need also... if the sails are in good shape and the price is right... that is a good deal.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
The image with the trailer tongue in the air leads me to believe there's a ton of water in the boat which is usually more time consuming and costly than it would be to buy a boat in better condition