help!--trailer specs/design

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike murphy

i have an older (15 yrs +/-) 26' w/ retractable keel--don't know mdl. in a slip now, but want to put it on a trailer- i have never seen out of water need pics, specs, etc. for a trailer--plan to convert a std. powerboat trailer parts, welding, etc.--not a problem need help--WILL SEND CRAWFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis

Jun 4, 2004
Macgregor Venture 222 trailer
I have

When I got my V222, I just got a reg. boat trailer, which has everything adjustable on it and made the adjustments! You can put the axle where you want, raise or lower the bunks, etc. etc. and have had no problems! Maybe this will help and maybe not, as I am not familiar with the 26 footers! Check it out!

M

mrbill

year ? trl info

the year will tell the model, should be part of the stern serial #. the 88-95 26's trls should be same. all use 2 large V's to support the boat,(plus a small roller under the bow) and I'd suggest you not use the long bunks type. I think theres some trl specs in the macgregor-boats.com site... but you'll have to look. basicly you want 2 2x6" to support the hull (for each V), one about middle of the daggerboard (or centerboard), and 2nd just aft of the drain/full opening. Id guess that area has extra glass for support from the factory.... I have heard problems when lateral bunks and roller type trls were used. (indendations).

C

Carl

retractable?

Hey Mike, when you say retractable, do yuo mean with a winch, or as in daggerboard? If you have a winch keel, the v-bunks will be fatal. You will need at least 20'' clearance under the hull for the keel. parallel bunks are the only way to go in this situation. I've made all the mistakes making my first trailer, and made it right on the second.. ;) Happy sails!

Status
Not open for further replies.