Help, Please, with Link2000-R Programming

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Greetings,

I can't find the information that I know exists somewhere.

I know I've programmed my Link2000-R for a different ACCEPT voltage and different FLOAT voltage, and for maximum charging current, but I cannot find out now how to do that in any of the online manuals I've found. The "book" that's on the boat (I'm not near the boat) has that info, but I can't find it online.

Can anyone help, please?

The reason I'm so desperately looking is that I am planning on making the leap to LiFePo4, with an AGM start battery, and I want to use the Link2000-R to charge that whole thing, and to monitor LFP bank SOC. (The Link2000-R is an integrated battery monitor, inverter/charger controller, and advanced alternator regulator.)

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Looks like you can set the voltage using the Function menus on page 10-11 at https://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/Link2000-445-0198-98-01_rev-1(Vendor).pdf. Not many choices, just 4 battery types. I don’t see any way to limit charger output, other than the Power Share function on page 8, but that only applies when the the inverter sees other high AC loads.
Hi, thanks for looking! I misspoke in the OP, should have said "maximum alternator current," not charging current. Alternator current can be limited per F10 on page 13.

But, I still can't find how to set the ACCEPT voltage or FLOAT voltage. :(

Maybe I used a declared temp to set ACCEPT and FLOAT voltages? I can't recall. (See F03 on page 11.)

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
You're looking in the wrong manual.it's in the link 2000 manual. That said I would never use this regulator on lithium iron phosphate.Even when brand-new &charging lead acid they were wonky at best.We were very excited about this regulator back in the day.Once we got a few out in the field we realized the shortcomings. Xantrex discontinued it shortly after buying cruising equipment.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
@jviss

What part of the links I gave you in your last discussion didn't you utilize? They included links to the Link 2000 and the 2000-R manuals.

Maybe I used a declared temp to set ACCEPT and FLOAT voltages? I can't recall. (See F03 on page 11.)
And I explained them, too, in that earlier thread. Because that's the only way to do it.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Even when brand-new &charging lead acid they were wonky at best.
Thanks, that's good to know. Yes, I've seen mine do some things that didn't make sense at times, and I've seen it regulate the acceptance voltage very poorly, and not regulate current very well during bulk. Oh, well.

Any recommendation for a CAN-bus or NMEA2000 BMS?

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Ugh. I'm so frustrated with all of this. Is there a way to utilize LiFePo4 technology without ripping out and replacing everything?

That Wakespeed regulator is almost $800! And then, the Victron stuff is not N2k or CANbus, as far as I can tell.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Ugh. I'm so frustrated with all of this. Is there a way to utilize LiFePo4 technology without ripping out and replacing everything?
Not really. I know you're an inquisitive kinda fella, and I'm sure you've read Maine Sail's website LiFePO4 tutorial, right?

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Not really. I know you're an inquisitive kinda fella, and I'm sure you've read Maine Sail's website LiFePO4 tutorial, right?
Thanks, Stu. Yes, I've read it, a couple of times, I think. I am going back to read it again.

I will start looking for LFP-specific components that are all on CAN bus or N2k.

Oct 26, 2009
Pearson 323 Rock Creek, Pasadena, MD
I’m in the middle of a year-long lifepo4 upgrade too. Some of Victron’s newer equipment supports CAN. See Victron’s white paper “”Data Communication with Victron Products “.