Help - I did it!

Apr 14, 2010
Hunter 34 Slidell, La.
I have used that same paint on vent hoods in apartments. I find that it goes yellow in about 2 years. Given all of your hard work you may want to use a quality 2 part polly and gun it on. Just a thought.
I didn't think of it yellowing. Plus I will have the whole pedestal covered from top to bottom.
Thanks for the heads up!

Apr 14, 2010
Hunter 34 Slidell, La.
The top plate came in so I did a mock up of how I planned on positioning the instruments. I picked up these edson pods on ebay several months ago. I placed the P70 display on the left side and the rudder angle display on the right side. I cut a piece of starboard to make a shelf for my Garmin 740 (similar to the one Mainsail made). I like the cleanliness of the setup. Thoughts? Also trying to figure out locations for the speed, depth and wind instruments. I made a mock up with some plexiglass with the instruments fitting in the little cubby holes. This is just a mock up nothing permanent. I really would like to install the three instruments over the companion way, haven't come up with any ideas yet.
Bub

Attachments

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Bub
Your proposed layout looks good; especially, the Garmin mfd & cubbies to right & left. Paint job on helm looks great!
Here’s another option. On my Hunter 33.5 the instruments were located adjacent to the companionway on the exterior bulkhead. Compass was located on binnacle. You could mount the speed & depth next to the companionway; that would involve relocating speakers to another spot in cockpit. P70 autopilot on on one side of binnacle and wind on the other side. Don’t really need a rudder instrument because rudder position will be displayed on P70. Of course, that would be a PIA covering holes where speakers are and refitting instruments. Trying to think of a configuration where all instruments are ahead of your line of sight for easier visual.
BTW, how’s the auto pilot installation coming.

Apr 14, 2010
Hunter 34 Slidell, La.
Bub
Your proposed layout looks good; especially, the Garmin mfd & cubbies to right & left. Paint job on helm looks great!
Here’s another option. On my Hunter 33.5 the instruments were located adjacent to the companionway on the exterior bulkhead. Compass was located on binnacle. You could mount the speed & depth next to the companionway; that would involve relocating speakers to another spot in cockpit. P70 autopilot on on one side of binnacle and wind on the other side. Don’t really need a rudder instrument because rudder position will be displayed on P70. Of course, that would be a PIA covering holes where speakers are and refitting instruments. Trying to think of a configuration where all instruments are ahead of your line of sight for easier visual.
BTW, how’s the auto pilot installation coming.
The speed and depth were originally on the exterior bulkhead when we purchased the boat. Of course they were toast. The skipper wanted speakers in the same location. That still remains an option. The only reason I have the rudder display up there is well I have it. That is not set in stone though. My wife suggested the cubbies so I made the mock up for her. I would like them in front of me somewhere. Still remains to be seen. The planning of the installation is pretty much set, now I just have to physically install it and configure wiring locations etc...Hopefully I'll have it done this weekend.
Thanks