Hello, new 37C owner here

Jun 27, 2020
Hunter 37C Near Chicago
Hi all, I am in the final stages of purchasing a 37C. Look forward to the exchange of information here.!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome aboard! lots of great folks and good info to be had here.. click on "Owner Resources" and "General Downloads " for some detailed info on components..

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
You are getting one mighty fine boat.

I became the keeper of a list of HC 37 owners after the original creator lost his boat. I will private message (PM) you the list and hope that you wish to be added. (Interestingly the last one ever made ((in 1985)) just got added a few days ago and I am interested in trying to track down hull number 1 but that is another story)

Sep 29, 2016
Lord Nelson Lord Nelson 35 3 Full time cruiser
Welcome! Great boat. Do me a favor? I'm currently refitting my 37c. I'm having some issues with my mast base. I don't think that it was original. Would you mind posting up a picture of yours in front of and behind the mast showing the base in the bilge?

Jun 27, 2020
Hunter 37C Near Chicago
Hi, thanks for the welcomes. I will gladly add my boat to the list. As to the mast base, I will be visiting and performing the final pre-purchase inspection this Friday, I will try and remember to take a picture or two.

Jun 27, 2020
Hunter 37C Near Chicago
Here is a picture of the mast step in the (soon to be) mine 1984. The black piece is an odd material, doesn't feel like aluminum, some kind of phenolic? It appears the solid epoxy has been chipped away to make room for it to sit atop the keel bolts. I have no idea if this is original or not.
H37C Mast Step.JPG

Jul 2, 2020
Hunter Cherubini 37 Whitby
Hi, I'm also a new owner. Bought mine in Oct 2019.

Wondering if anyone has pictures of the running rigging? I've just stepped the mast and I'm trying to figure out how the lines and halyards run.

ps joe28532 if it helps I can also post some pics of the mast step.

Sep 29, 2016
Thanks pbknowles. That does look like some has been chipped away. Does your mast appear to be level to the cabin sole?

Sep 29, 2016
Hi, I'm also a new owner. Bought mine in Oct 2019.

Wondering if anyone has pictures of the running rigging? I've just stepped the mast and I'm trying to figure out how the lines and halyards run.

ps joe28532 if it helps I can also post some pics of the mast step.
That would be great Paul.

Aug 6, 2020
Hunter cheribini 37c Niceville florida
I’ll be buying mine. Officially. ,, Wait for it................tomorrow.

Jun 27, 2020
Hunter 37C Near Chicago
Well after a few false starts and some logistical challenges I finally have her home. I'll post a few pics when I get a chance. One thing I did notice is that the running backstays are absent. I do not see any tangs on the mast where they might attach. I did find two hefty snatch blocks that might have been part of the original rig in a drawer in the cabin. Mine is a 1984, however it does not have the larger fixed portlights and it has a Yacht Specialties pedestal and wheel which is not in concert with the history of the design from the interweb. It does however have the 4 cylinder Yanmar which behaved very nicely the 5 hours or so I used it. HIN is HUN37379M84H.