Height needed for Hauling / Trailering my 320

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe E.

I'm gathering information I need to have my 2001 H320 hauled from Kansas City to Seattle, and since I'm 2000 miles from my boat, I cannot get the measurements I need. Would any of you fellow 320 owners happen to know or be able to measure the height of your boat from the bottom of the keel to the top of the stainless arch? Also, from the bottom of the keel to the highest point on the deck if the arch is down (I think this might be to the top of the stantions)? Any pointers on haulers, preparation for hauling etc. appreciated! -Joe

M

Mike Webster

I've had my boat professionally moved . . .

3 times. I would strongly recommend that you prepare everything for the move yourself. You should also plan on being there for the haulout, as well as when they resplash your boat. All of the problems I've every had was do to my not being there to supervise. I find that most marina's and hauling companies do their best, but their help often has little real experience with sailboats. Plan on a very dirty boat when it arrives. It will also have a good coating of diesel exhaust all over it. Good luck with the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.