Heavy winds

Dec 27, 2012
Precision Precision 28 St Augustine
So as Luck would have it I put my mainsail with stack pack on Monday. I new we had a storm rolling in Tuesday but had no idea how intense it was going to be. We had 60 to 70 mph winds. One of the marinas nearby had the roof ripped off. I guess I was lucky. The stack pack connections to the lazy jacks ripped off as well as the zippered cover that goes around the mast. My helm cover disappeared somewhere. I had my mainsail/ stack pack on for one day. Took it off today to get repaired.

All in all I was lucky. I hope everyone else in my area faired well.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I don't know where Somers Point is but that was some line of weather. It stretched from Jacksonville FL to Nova Scotia and practically scribed the East Coast. Not discounting the terrible tragedy of the tornados a lot of areas saw 60 and 70 mph winds. Jensen Beach had predicted winds of 40 mph but if that happened it was very short - a few gusts.

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Glad you had minimal and repairable damage. It could have been worse. I pulled this from another thread. wind_damage.png

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
and the tent hospital in New York city had 60-70 mph winds. Don't know about damages. HOPE all is well- folks there don't need more troubles