Heaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 450 Alaska AK
Thinking about putting a 40 D Wallas Heater on board. Anyone have good or bad experiences with these?

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 37-cutter, '79 41 23' 30"N 82 33' 20"W--------Huron, OH
Wallas diesel?

Are you asking about the 40D? I have no experience so will watch this with interest. I like the idea of being able to tap into a big diesel tank.

I have not seen a review but was looking at this:
http://www.rivermarine.com/heating/WALLAS/wallas40d.htm . Really impressed with the low current draw and light diesel consumption. The installation does appear to be pretty complex however.

Well here is one blog but without much help:
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showflat.php?Number=2036400

G

Wallas Furnace

Hi Matt, I installed a 40D forced air furnace on our 1991 Passage 42 four years ago to extend our PNW cruising season. It does a wonderful job keeping the boat warm. Two weekends ago we spent three days on the hook in freezing temperatures and never had the thermostat set above five, with six being maximum.

Installation was pretty easy with the right tools. I wrote an article about the installation that is worth reading in the 42 Knowledge Base. The unit is quiet and very stingy with fuel and electrical consumption.

Terry

Oct 7, 2005
Hunter 41DS Brownsville, WA
Wallis furnace article?

Where could one read the article you wrote. I don't know where the "42 Knowledge Base" would be.

G

Wallas Furnace

There is a tab at the top of this forum page titled, "Boat Info". Hunter KnowledgeBase is one of the choices and by selecting the 42 model it will take you to the many articles about the improvements made to Belle-Vie. There are lots of pictures of these improvements that reside somewhere in HunterOwners.Com, but not here. You can ask Phil about that!

Terry

Sep 15, 2006
Hunter 44 Shore Point Marina, Pine Beach NJ
We live on a Hunter 44 AC, in New Jersey, It is heated by a Hurricane II heater, 35,000 BTU, four zones plus heats our hot water, uses .33 gal per hr. this is our second year. Kept the boat at 70 degrees even on the coldest night this year -1, It also has a electric element to back up the diesel.
Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.