Headsail Furling Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Allen

New owner of a used O'Day 28 and I plan to add a headsail furling system. Any recommendations of systems/models, etc? Thanks :)
 
J

John K Kudera

Look at C D

Check out the Cruising Design furler, if you are not racing, and are on a budget, they make a fine system, that can be self installed. I have a larger model than would fit your 28 but mine has been working fine for 16 years. I call that a good value. Good luck!
 

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
4,924
- - Bainbridge Island
Spin-Tec

I think this system is the best I've seen: check out Spin-Tec in the chandlery here. When you factor in all the parts you'll really need for installation its hundreds less and has far fewer moving parts to break. Please excuse the commercial, but I really like this system.
 
D

David Foster

Harkin for my '77 Hunter 27

It's simple, strong, and performing well after 5 years. (Previous owner installed it.) David Lady Lillie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.